Använder Blogger.

fredag 18 maj 2012

Can't see the forest for all the trees

Hi again, first of all we would like to thank everyone that have showed interest in this blog as we now have had more than 8 000 visitors!

Here you have the promised guide on how to make the trees and please ask if there is anything you want to know more about.

What you need:

Hot glue gun
Super glue
Woodland scenic 3"-6" trees
Woodland scenic bushes tufts (I have used medium green and light green)
Brown spray color
Light brown paint
Some form of Poly fiber (The one I use is from other company but the principle is the same)
50mm plywood bases

Step one - Step two - Step three


Step one: first I basecoat the trees with a dark/medium brown and then give them a heavy drybrush using a lighter brown. Then using the hot glue gun I attach the poly fiber between the the outer branches.

Step two: Using the poly fiber as a base I start hot gluing the medium green tuft material to the branches making sure to get some volume on there.

Step three: Switching now to super glue, I use it and the light green tufts to reinforce the medium green foliage making sure that there is no loose foilage and to cover any seems and branches sticking out.


Last step is to do finish the base in the same way as I do my french infantry but without the vallejo sandy paste.



Regards,

Anders the elder.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Very fine looking trees, guys!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Looks like a real work of art! Do you guys sell these? I'm sure they'd sell.

    -Tony Salmeron
    Charlotte Tree Service

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have been thinking about it so if anyone wants to commission me for trees or painting during the summer.

      I will put up a post on it the future when I go on vacation.

      Regards,

      Anders the elder.

      Radera

Back to TOP